Setting some professional development goals for the new year? Taking a course can be a great way to develop new skills or refresh old ones. Check out these offerings for winter 2021.
Looking for more professional development opportunities this winter? Don’t miss CERIC’s virtual Cannexus21 Career Development Conference, taking place Jan. 25 & 26 and Feb. 1 & 3. Session recordings will be available for a full year following the conference.
Jan. 8 – April 15
Cybercounselling Level I covers the three areas that are essential to the provision of professional, ethical and effective online counselling services:
- Enhancing the therapeutic alliance online
- Ethical and practical issues, including a focus on video counselling
- Technological knowledge and skills
Cybercounselling Level II is designed for counselling practitioners who have completed Cybercounselling Level I and want to deepen and refine their cybercounselling expertise.
OneLifeTools is offering the following courses this winter:
- Conversations Matter Facilitator Training: Confidently lead experiences for any group(Jan. 8, Jan. 22, Feb. 12 & Feb. 24)
- Online Storyteller Training: Use Online Storyteller for your needs, and lead sessions with Conversation Guide (Jan. 14, Feb. 25 & March 23)
- Holistic Narrative Career Professional (HNCP) Certification: Gain in depth knowledge of the HEROIC Narrative Assessment System (Feb. 17-19)
Personality Dimensions Level I allows participants to become familiar with the Personality Dimensions model, resources and delivery expectations; develop strategies and applications applicable to a variety of settings; and enhance their facilitation skills. It is being offered online multiple dates between Jan. 11 and March 22.
Personality Dimensions Level II is being offered online Jan. 25-29, Feb. 22-26 and March 22-26.
CPC is offering the following courses this winter:
- Real-World Résumé Strategy Certificate Course (Jan. 11-15)
- Career Development Foundations Certificate Course (Jan. 11-29)
- ATS Résumés Certificate Course (Jan. 25-29)
- Career Development Foundations Certificate Course (Feb. 8-26)
- Work-Life Coaching Certificate Course (Feb. 8-26)
- Career Development Foundations Certificate Course (March 8-26)
- Employment Interview Coaching Certificate Course (March 8-26)
Life Strategies is offering the following courses this winter:
- Career Development Foundations, Emerging Theories, and Models (Jan. 6-19)
- Helping Skills to Facilitate Career Development (Jan. 20-Feb.21)
- Career Coaching Skills (Feb. 3-Feb.16)
- Understanding Diverse Clients (Feb. 17-March 2)
- Ethics for Career Practitioners (March 3-16)
- Administering and Interpreting Career Assessments (March 17-30)
Feb. 8-11; March 22-25
This program prepares participants to begin using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® with individuals and groups. Participants will practice using their own results, learn team activities, coaching methods and facilitation strategies.
Resume Writing Academy is offering the following courses this winter:
- Academy Certified Resume Writer Group Webclass (Feb. 11-March 11)
- Certified Career Transition Coach Program (March 10-April 14)
BCCDA Ethics and Theories courses will provide you with essential foundations needed by career development practitioners working in a wide range of contexts. Review and learn to apply traditional, contemporary and emerging career development theories.
Subscribe to the CareerWise Weekly newsletter to stay up to date on learning opportunities for career professionals.