fbpx
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Moraine Lake, AB
Research & Trends

5 reports that caught our eye the week of June 7, 2020

Each week, CERIC is on the lookout for the latest reports related to career development. Here are five reports that we found interesting this week:

Bracing for Automation: What Are Canada’s Most Vulnerable Jobs? (The Conference Board of Canada)

This report explores jobs and sectors at high risk of automation to help leaders and decision-makers determine where to focus their efforts going forward.

The Impact of COVID-19 on the Canadian Tourism Industry (LMIC)

The tourism sector is at the forefront of COVID-19 job losses in Canada. Employment fell over 42% between February and April 2020, and in the last two months have accounted for 27% of all job losses in the country.

Canadians’ mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic (Statistics Canada)

Canadians were asked how their mental health has changed since physical distancing began. Just over half (52%) of participants indicated that their mental health was either “somewhat worse” or “much worse.” The other 48% of participants said that their mental health was “about the same,” “somewhat better” or “much better.”

Where do I go for careers support? (DMH Associates)

This report shares the results of a survey undertaken by Careers England and the Career Development Institute (CDI) in partnership with DMH Associates to identify how careers companies and career professionals in England were responding to the impact of COVID-19 and  social distancing lockdown measures.

Skills demand for early career space jobs (Space Skills Alliance)

This report identifies competencies in highest demand within the UK space sector. It finds most sought after technical skill is software development (required by 49% of all jobs), particularly in C/C++ (22%) and Python (20%).


Want the latest reports on career development, the workforce, education and more delivered to your inbox each week? Subscribe to our popular CareerWise Weekly newsletter.

Lindsay Purchase Administrator
Lindsay Purchase oversees CERIC’s tri-annual magazine, Careering, and the CareerWise website, along with the CareerWise Weekly newsletter. She has a background in journalism, having worked previously as a digital editor and reporter. Lindsay is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Global Studies program.
follow me
×
Lindsay Purchase Administrator
Lindsay Purchase oversees CERIC’s tri-annual magazine, Careering, and the CareerWise website, along with the CareerWise Weekly newsletter. She has a background in journalism, having worked previously as a digital editor and reporter. Lindsay is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Global Studies program.
follow me
Latest Posts
  • interior of factory
  • woman typing on laptop
  • Father working from home and taking care of baby
  • empty classroom