Curl up with a textbook (or a laptop) this fall and meet your professional goals with these courses for career professionals.
CPC is offering four fully facilitated distance learning courses this fall:
- Career Development Theory, Models & Practices (Sept. 9-Oct. 4; Oct. 21-Nov. 15): Explore a wide range of existing and emerging theories and models, which form the basis of current practice of the career development profession in Canada.
- Career Transition Consulting (Sept. 23-Oct. 25): Information, tools and resources to enable career practitioners to help clients with their job search and employment goals.
- Advanced Resume Development (Oct. 28-Nov. 29): This course will present advanced strategic principles and technical practices for the development of resumes and cover letters for the Canadian market.
Sept. 13 – Dec. 19
This three-module course is designed for experienced counselling practitioners who want to offer professional, ethical online counselling to their clients. It covers video, live text-chat and email-style communications methods.
Sept. 11-13 – Edmonton | Sept. 25-27 – Toronto | Oct. 15-17 – Barrie, ON | Oct. 23-25 – Toronto | Nov. 11-13 – Toronto | Nov. 20-22 – Toronto
Upon completion of this three-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Access the online administration tool to complete electronic assessments
- Purchase hard copy administration tools
- Charge to facilitate the assessment tool
Personality Dimensions® Level II is also being taught in Toronto this fall on Sept. -25-27, Oct. 23-25 and Nov. 20-22.
Coming October 2019
CCDF offers courses available on-demand online. This soon-to-be-available course will build core skills and specialized techniques needed to effectively build a working alliance with clients and deliver employment counselling services.
These courses can be completed remotely or in person in Toronto.
- Who You Are Matters! (Oct. 9): Experience the power of peer-to-peer learning yourself then learn to confidently facilitate this easy-to-learn tool, supported by a facilitator guide and tips, techniques and hints.
- Online Storyteller Training (Oct. 10): Experience for yourself this story-based assessment (pre-training, 60 minutes) then join and learn how to use Online Storyteller and Conversation Guide for your one-on-one and self-directed applications.
- Holistic Narrative Career Professional (HNCP) Certification (Nov. 11-13): Featuring effective demos, engaging practice and lively conversation, you will understand the theoretical basis and gain practical how-to skills as you learn a narrative assessment system, used optionally with Online Storyteller web application.
- MBTI® Certification Program (Oct. 21-24 – Calgary | Nov. 18-21 – Toronto): Through this dynamic and interactive four-day program, learn how to professionally and ethically administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®.
- MBTI® Step II Certification (Oct. 24, 2019 – Calgary | Nov. 22 – Toronto): Step II training provides additional information about the ways individuals develop and use their preferences by reporting results on 20 component parts of the four basic type dimensions.
- MBTI® Optimizing Team Performance (Oct. 25 – Calgary): Using the MBTI instrument as a foundation, the Optimizing Team Performance (OTP) program offers an innovative, mix-and-match modular format that allows you to deliver engaging MBTI workshops on the six most commonly requested MBTI team-building application topics: team building, communication, conflict, stress, change and individual development.
Did we miss something? Leave a comment below or send us a note at email@example.com if you have information that can help make our article even better.
Want the best of CareerWise delivered to your inbox each week? Subscribe to our popular CareerWise Weekly newsletter to receive top news and views in career development every Tuesday.