Step into the new year with new skills or brush up on the knowledge you already have. Here are some courses on offer for winter 2023.
Did we miss something? Comment below or email email@example.com if you know of a course you think should be included on this list.
CPC is offering the following courses this winter:
- Marketing Your Career Service (Private Practice) (Jan. 9-13)
- Career Development Foundations (Jan. 9-27 and March 6-24)
- Advanced Résumé Development (Jan. 9-27 and Feb. 6-24)
- Case Management for Career Professionals (Feb. 6-10)
- Work-Life Coaching (Feb. 6-24)
- Real-World Résumé Strategy (Feb. 6-10)
- Job Development for Career Professionals (March 6-10)
- Employment Interview Coaching (March 6-24)
- ATS Résumés Course (March 6-10)
BCCDA Ethics and Theories courses will provide you with essential foundations needed by career development practitioners working in a wide range of contexts. Review and learn to apply traditional, contemporary and emerging career development theories. The courses are offered multiple days in March.
These Life Strategies courses can contribute toward certification in their Career Management Professional Program:
- Career Development Foundations, Emerging Theories, and Models (Jan. 11-24)
- Helping Skills to Facilitate Career Development (Jan. 25-Feb. 7)
- Career Coaching Skills (Feb. 8-21
- Understanding Diverse Clients (Feb. 22-March 7)
- Ethics for Career Practitioners (March 8-March 21)
This four-day program prepares participants to successfully administer and interpret the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. It includes video conference sessions, group activities as well as self-directed learning assignments. Topics include improving team performance; developing leaders; managing conflict; improving communication; handling stress; and guiding career exploration. (Jan. 30-Feb. 2 and March 20-23)
OneLifeTools has this on offer:
- Who You Are Matters! Program Training featuring Online Storyteller (Jan. 27): this training covers the what, when, how and why of Online Storyteller for narrative assessment
The OSCA will offer Additional Qualification (AQ) courses in Guidance and Career Education Parts I, II and Specialist (Part III). (Jan. 16-March 3)
- AQ Parts 1 & 2: This online, interactive course is user friendly and allows real-time practice of the skills needed for the effective counsellor.
- AQ Part 3: This course is focused on the counsellor as a school leader and agent of change within the educational environment.
Personality Dimensions Level I allows participants to become familiar with the Personality Dimensions model, resources and delivery expectations; develop strategies and applications applicable to a variety of settings; and enhance their facilitation skills. It will be available online multiple dates between Jan. 17 and March 31.
Personality Dimensions Level II is being offered online Jan. 23-27, Feb. 6-17 and March 6-31.