Executive job search process is a challenging process and requires a strategic approach. These resources, including blogs, books and job search sites, can help career professionals support executive clients.
Career Insider – Bluesteps
The Career Insider blog provides information and guidance for executive job search and career mapping. This includes webinars and workshops, recruiter insights, career tips and guides such as The Side Hustle Megatrend: An Executive’s Guide to Multiple Income Streams and The Executive’s Guide to LinkedIn.
This website provides useful tips about the development of executive resumes and navigating the job search process by Adrienne Tom, Executive Resume Writer.
Kaye/Bassman is a US-based executive recruiting firm. Its offers a wide range of tips and information to jobseekers in a diverse set of industries including financial services, life sciences, construction and healthcare.
Lead5 is an executive career platform. Blog topics include executive compensation, hidden executive jobs, timing in job outreach and CEO/CFO/CHRO/CLO/CMO career advice.
Executive job boards
In addition to using websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn and Workopolis, executive-level jobseekers can visit these sites to find relevant positions.
Boyden Canada is part of a vast global network spanning 40 countries. It shares current executive job opportunities across Canada.
Although not just for executives, Glassdoor can help executives gain insight companies with its crowd-sourced salary information and employee reviews. It is also a platform that connects executives with available job openings.
Headhunter is a US-focused job alert tool for management and executive-level positions.
Odgers Berndtson connects executive-level jobseekers with suitable opportunities in Canada.
Ace Your C-Suite Interview: International Headhunter Reveals Insider Strategies for Executive Job Search, Tips to Master Interviewing, Negotiating Better Salaries and Getting Hired Fast! – Leora Bach
This book geared toward C-Level executives covers topics including:
- How to overcome the shock and pain of a job loss and rekindle the motivation to move forward with a plan of action
- How improve your profile on social media
- How to prepare for every aspect of the interview process and for every kind of interview
- How to decide if the position is right for you
Research has shown that over 90% of executive jobs come from the hidden job market. Learn how to navigate the hidden job market and make use of your full human potential, attract higher rewards, and become an increasingly valuable and desirable resource.
Super Secrets of Successful Executive Job Search: Everything You Need to Know to Find and Secure the Executive Position You Deserve – Simon Gray
Packed with real-life anecdotes, this book will challenge your beliefs, empower your thinking and give you a completely different approach to other senior executives competing for the job you want. Learn why your resume is not the key to your success, understand the power of the “hidden market” and leverage the executive jobseeker dichotomy to its full effect.
Top Notch Executive Resumes: Creating Flawless Resumes for Managers, Executives, and CEOs – Katharine Hansen
Branded resumes that illuminate the candidate’s unique value proposition and ROI are a must in today’s quest for the executive suite. Top Notch Executive Resumes not only explains how to integrate branding into career-marketing communication, but also how to craft resumes that address your fit with the organization’s mission and meet an employer’s specific business needs.
- Five Tactics Executive Candidates Can Use To Assess Company Culture (BlueSteps)
- How to Get Hired – The Key Strategy Every Executive Should Know (Illinoisdiversity)
- What Executive Job Seekers Must Do to Stand Out in Today’s Saturated Market (BlueSteps)
- 3 Ways to Clean Up Your Executive Resume (Career Impressions)
- Executive Job Search During The Pandemic (Career Impressions)
- 5 Tips for the Executive Level Resume ( Kaye/Basman Blog)
- Hidden Executive Jobs (The Lead5 Blog)
- Executive Job Search Tips (The Muse)
- Unemployed Executive Job Search (Celarity)
- The 9 Best Executive Job Boards (Career Sidekick)
- How to Write An Irresistible Executive Resume in 10 Steps (Executive Career Brand)
- Five Executive Resume Writing Strategies For 2020 (Forbes)
- How to Prepare for an Executive Level Interview (Indeed)
- Top 10 New Resume Tactics Executives Should Be Using In 2020 (Forbes)
- Common Interview Questions for Executive Level Jobs ( The balance careers)
- The Guide for Executive Interviews (BlueSteps)
- The Four Things to Consider Before Hiring An Executive Resume Writer (Forbes)
- 4 Strategies For Executives Who Are Job Searching During COVID-19 (Forbes)
- The Staffing Advisors Guide to Senior Executive Job Search (Staffing Advisors)
- Executive recruiters offer executive job search advice for the C-Suite (GatedTalent)
- 7 Common Leadership Interview Questions and How to Answer Them (Indeed)
Want the latest in career development research and resources delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to the CareerWise Weekly newsletter.