Setting some professional development goals for the new year? Taking a course – online or in person – can be a great way to develop new skills or refresh old ones. Check out these offerings for winter 2020.
If your organization or association is offering training for career development professionals in winter 2020 that you think would be a good fit for this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Multiple dates (January-March) in Ontario, Alberta and BC
Upon completion of this three-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Access the online administration tool to complete electronic assessments
- Purchase hard-copy administration tools
- Charge to facilitate the assessment tool
Dates are also available in Toronto in winter 2020 for Personality Dimensions® Level II.
CPC is offering the following courses this winter:
- Real-World Résumé Strategy (Jan. 6-10)
- Career Development Ethics (Jan. 6-10; Feb. 3-7)
- Technology Optimized Résumés (Jan. 13-17)
- Career Development Theory (Jan. 13-24; Feb. 10-21)
- Employment Interview Coaching (Feb. 3-21)
- Career Transition Consulting (March 2-20)
Life Strategies is offering the following courses this winter:
- Career Development Foundations, Emerging Theories, and Models (Jan. 8-21)
- Helping Skills to Facilitate Career Development (Jan. 22-Feb. 4)
- Career Coaching Skills (Feb. 5-Feb. 18)
- Understanding Diverse Clients (Feb. 19-March 3)
- Ethics for Career Practitioners (March 4-March 17)
- Administering and Interpreting Career Assessments (March 18-31)
Jan. 10 – April 6
This virtual training employs a “practitioner-researcher” model and covers the three areas that are essential to the provision of professional, ethical and effective online counselling services:
- Enhancing the therapeutic alliance online
- Ethical and practical issues, including a focus on video counselling
- Technological knowledge and skills
Feb. 3-6, Mississauga, ON | Feb. 24-27 – Vancouver | March 9-12 – Edmonton | March 23-26 – Ottawa
By becoming certified, participants will be equipped with all the necessary tools – including slide decks and facilitator materials – to effectively use the Myers-Briggs Step I™ and Step II™ assessments in a wide variety of topic areas.
March 4-6 – Toronto or virtual
This training includes: 10 narrative assessment credits, a professional certification, a 50-plus page training manual and four one-hour post-training teleconference calls.
March 4-6 – Vancouver or virtual
Review and learn to apply traditional, contemporary and emerging career development theories. Gain a thorough understanding of the Canadian Standards & Guidelines Code of Ethics for Career Development Practitioners and practice using the CSG Ethical Decision Making Model to solve common ethical dilemmas.
Want the best of CareerWise delivered to your inbox each week? Subscribe to our popular CareerWise Weekly newsletter to receive top news and views in career development every Tuesday.